UTech, Ja - Summary Of Undergraduate Courses of Study 2023/2024

An individual, who is not eligible for admission under the normal entry requirements, may apply for entry via prior learning assessment. The applicant must demonstrate potential for undergraduate university studies by virtue of attainments, prior learning and/ or relevant work experience, all of which must be relevant to the proposed course of study. In addition, the application must be supported in writing by individuals having first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s potential. The applicant’s knowledge, skills and competencies will be evaluated under the University’s Prior Learning Assessment Policy for Matriculation into Undergraduate and Taught Graduate Courses of Study, in order to determine their equivalencies to the University’s entry requirements. He or she may be required to attend an interview as well as successfully complete prerequisite subjects offered at the UTech,Ja Academy. For further information please contact: Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Unit Academic Affairs Division Tel: 927-1680-8 ext. 3394 or email: sandy.lawrence@utech.edu.jm Applicants withAssociate Degrees and Diplomas accredited by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) or by any other internationally recognized accrediting body may articulate into courses of study offered by the University of Technology, Jamaica. Graduates from recognized tertiary institutions may articulate with advanced standing into undergraduate courses of study offered at University of Technology, Jamaica. Transfer of credits will be done in accordance with the University’s Transfer Credit and Exemption Policy. ARTICULATION TRANSFER OF CREDITS MATRICULATION VIA PRIOR LEARNING ASSESSMENT 23 Applicants who have been accepted into UTech, Ja with other Tertiary qualifications may apply for their credit to be transferred to the UTech, Ja course of study. To do so, successful applicants must request that an official transcript be sent from the Tertiary Institution that they previously attended, directly to the Office of Admissions and Enrolment Management (OAEM). Transfer of Credit forms must also be completed and submitted to the respective College/Faculty. The transcript along with the completed transfer of credit form will be evaluated. Applicants offered admission to the University may request a deferral of their registration for a period of one academic year. Requests for deferral can be done by using the Student Relations Management System link: www. utech.edu.jm/csac/login.asp or in writing to the University Registrar, and copied to the Student Relations Officer, Student Relations Unit and the Head of School in the relevant College or Faculty before the beginning of the instructional period in which the Course of Study would normally commence (Email: studentrelations@utech.edu.jm). Approval will be contingent on the payment of the Enrolment Commitment Deposit (ECD). Applicants who have been granted deferrals will be guaranteed places for the next academic year, in the Course of Study for which the original offer was made, only if there are no changes to its matriculation requirements. A new application will be required if there have been changes to the matriculation requirements. Applicants will be contacted in writing by the Admissions & Enrolment Office two months prior to the expiration of the deferral period, to communicate enrolment information for the upcoming academic session. Note: Applicants who were granted deferrals must complete the “Application for Readmission” form prior to the end of the deferral period to indicate their intention to take up the offer. DEFERRALS