About the Programme
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- UTech students who have completed at least one year of their course of study and have been approved by their Heads of Schools.
- Organisations located locally, regionally or internationally, that are able to accommodate students for placement periods of between 4 and 30 weeks.
HOW DO YOU BECOME INVOLVED IN OUR CO-OP PROGRAMMES?
- By expressing an interest in working with the University to help train future industry employees.
- By providing a professional work environment, including supportive management, and opportunities for diverse industry exposure.
- By being a company representing a particular industry segment or with unique or multiple facilities.
- By being responsive to UTech’s invitations to formalize a “Partners in Careers” relationship with the Co-op Ed Unit.
HOW ARE EMPLOYERS RECRUITED?
The Co-op Ed Unit seeks to identify Co-op Ed employers via networking events such as Faculty Career Symposia, Research and Technology Day, Career Fairs and Guest Lectures.
Employers may also communicate their interest in partnering with us by completing an online pre-registration form, sending and email or fax or simply by calling.
Once the prospective employer communicates his desire to partner with UTech, the Co-operative Education Co-ordinator will arrange a visit (where possible) or telephone meeting with a view to discuss the operation/implementation of the Co-op Ed programme. As a follow up activity, a team of Co-op Ed co-ordinators will visit the organisation to complete a site inspection and to officially sign off on the partnership.
The application process is deemed complete once you agree to, sign and submit the Co-op Ed Application form, along with any available company information.